Sunday, September 8, 2013

Vintage 1969 Seiko Sportsmatic 7625-8230

This is my favourite watch (at this moment). There are some stories about this watch. (No, I dont know who were the previous owners of this watch). I got this watch from a roadside watch repair stall at Udom Suk, near Bangkok while walking around town on my off-day Sunday. The movement was still strong and good despite the overall condition was bad with stain on the dial & there were a lot scratches on the acrylic glass and on the body. The hands were also not the original hands. But I thought this was a nice watch I could work on to restore to its original look. So I bought it for 700 THB after some bargain :).
I went to check with my regular watchmaker in Bang Na to check the engine and find parts for this watch. Luckily he had some broken old seiko watches that he kept at home and he help me to replace the hands as well as the glass. I then got the body polished and fixed a suitable band to it. Took me about a week to get this watch done and I enjoy wearing it since. About the stain on the dial, I kinda like it. This watch will be in my special personal collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment